Volkswagen survey exhibits American SUV homeowners and consumers able to embrace EVs
Volkswagen of America introduced at this time the outcomes of a brand new survey that discovered that momentum and consideration of EVs is rising sharply with American SUV homeowners and consumers, together with appreciation of their environmental advantage of no direct emissions, regardless of lots of them having no expertise of driving an electrical automobile
Volkswagen of America introduced at this time the outcomes of a brand new survey that discovered that momentum and consideration of EVs is rising sharply with American SUV homeowners and consumers, together with appreciation of their environmental advantage of no direct emissions, regardless of lots of them having no expertise of driving an electrical automobile.
To gauge the urge for food for electrical autos, the brand new survey polled 1,000 SUV homeowners and 500 SUV consumers in america—who wish to buy one within the subsequent six months—and located that total, greater than 70% had by no means had the prospect to drive an EV. But, 65% of homeowners and 76% of consumers are extra desirous about EVs than they have been a yr in the past.
Nearly half of homeowners (45%) and almost six in 10 consumers (58%) say they’re possible to purchase an EV the subsequent time they buy a automobile.
“The findings from this survey affirm that our technique at Volkswagen of bringing reasonably priced, approachable electrical autos to the U.S. aligns with what Individuals are in search of,” mentioned Dustin Krause, Director of e-Mobility at Volkswagen of America, Inc. “Our all-new ID.4 addresses most of the hesitations potential consumers have with EVs, similar to vary anxiousness, price and extra.”
Among the many developments round electrical autos amongst these surveyed:
EV curiosity is rising—significantly due to environmental considerations—however many should not have expertise with them.
- Greater than eight in 10 homeowners (81%) and consumers (85%) agree it could be good for the setting if there have been extra zero direct emission EVs on the roads.
Individuals who drive extra miles per week usually tend to take into account an EV.
- Two-thirds of SUV homeowners driving 201+ miles per week (66%) are desirous about buying an EV, in comparison with 52% of these driving 100 miles per week or much less.
Price, vary and charging availability stay considerations for potential EV homeowners.
- Car price is without doubt one of the prime buy limitations for each SUV homeowners (58%) and consumers (57%). For each homeowners and consumers, price (each automobile price and residential charging station price), restricted charging station availability, restricted vary and charging time are the highest hurdles to EV possession.
Many SUV homeowners and consumers don’t know concerning the potential EV buy incentives—however favor extra of them.
- Solely 22% of SUV homeowners and 31% of SUV consumers have been conscious of the potential federal tax credit score for EV consumers of as much as $7,500; simply 15% of SUV consumers knew of potential state and native incentives.
- But 77% of SUV homeowners and 81% of SUV consumers mentioned governments and different organizations ought to supply incentives to assist folks change to electrical driving.
Volkswagen just lately launched the ID.4—its first long-range electrical SUV—in an effort to democratize EVs and assist make them extra accessible. A key a part of Volkswagen’s international dedication to make its enterprise and autos carbon impartial by 2050, the ID.4 marries the strengths of a purpose-built EV with efficiency, packaging and worth, and is now arriving to dealerships throughout the nation.
Survey Methodology: 5-minute on-line survey amongst n=1,000 SUV homeowners within the U.S. (n=500 males, n=500 girls) and 500 SUV consumers within the U.S. (n=250 males, n=250 girls), outlined as those that personal or lease an SUV and determine an SUV as their main automobile or those that are more likely to buy/lease an SUV within the subsequent six months. Discipline dates: March 16-25, 2021. Margin of error: House owners ±3.1% / Customers ±4.4%.
SOURCE: Volkswagen of America